Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's gut check time

It's spring, which calls for the obligatory "Casey is out of town" post. 

(Sidenote: We've actually been really lucky, because he's hardly been gone at all since last June.  Mostly because we were afraid I was going to pop a little early and he'd miss it - which of course didn't actually happen...)

House updates: we're about 75% of the way finished with a number of projects.  Living room, kitchen, hallway, Logan's room.  Someday, we'll actually "finish" them and I'll post pictures, but not today.

Leah's birthday: I can't wait to celebrate our little lady. With hubby out of town, there have been a lot of late nights (early mornings, middle-of-the-night wakings; you get the picture) for the momma.

It's all kind of a whirlwind, but we're getting through it.

A few projects are happening in preparation for the little's birthday, so I thought I'd share.

I'm all about simple projects.  Simple and inexpensive.


And hopefully impactful in a room.

::Scissors, tissue paper, and ribbon or string. 
::Fold your tissue paper in half and cut into the desired rectangle.  Mine are 6 x 9.
::Cut notches into the bottom of the rectangles to create the flag effect. 
::Cut your ribbon or string.  Just measure the length of where you want the banner to hang and add an inch or two.
::Tape the back of each flag to the ribbon

And that's all she wrote! 



T-minus three days to birthday.  It's gut check time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com