Saturday, March 30, 2013

We forgot to "break"

Hello my lovely internet friends!

Spring break was this week, and I was fortunate to have hubby around for a little vacation.

Wait, I said that wrong.  It should have read, "vacation."  Yes - the air quotes are definitely necessary.  Kind of like the air quotes that belong around "maternity leave."  As if you've taken a break from work.  Ha, ha.

But I digress.

In short, we've been busy. 

Now, please let me just get this off my chest: Done is a word I don't think we'll ever apply to our house.  Maybe sometime in the next five years, but certainly not this year.  There are simply too many projects on our list, and unfortunately I'm anxious to get at least the basics covered before we worry about the finer details. 

What I'm trying to say is, this will be a work in progress for a long time.  You'll see flaws.  This is real life, peeps, not a magazine. 

But, here is a little preview of the two big projects we've undertaken this week, in between grocery shopping, diaper changing, nursing, nap-timing, bathing, and {you know}... life:

Project #1

 
Project #2


More to come on these.  One is much closer to being finished photo ready than the other, but we're working on it.  One thirty in the morning is only an option every so often...

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com