Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh, Baby!

33 Weeks!


Okay, so we're a bit past 33 weeks now. Our pregnancy weeks turn over on Wednesdays, so I'm a little behind with my post. At 33 weeks, I'm right on track with my weight gain. No more contractions; at least, no more that make Mommy freak out thinking Baby is coming early (a blessing!). Baby is measuring perfectly, and I am still feeling great.

I am always amazed by the way women complain about their pregnancies. I feel so blessed, because I have absolutely loved being pregnant! Yes, it is strange in many ways. Yes, there are many things to adjust to. But overall, it is such an incredible, awe-inspiring and amazing process.


More than that, though, it is incredible to me that anyone could be anything less than grateful for whatever process brings their baby into the world. If it means that at the end of this I get to hold that beautiful little girl in my arms, I would walk through fire to know that she is safe and healthy.
There was a time I thought that dream might elude us, and I can't imagine having to live with that knowledge. So whatever minor discomforts are associated with pregnancy, I can't find it in me to complain. I'll take those a hundred times over compared to the alternative. She is, without doubt, the greatest thing Daddy and I will ever be a part of!



Plus, pregnancy is just fun! Baby Girl is my constant little buddy. I love waking up in the morning and getting to feel her stretch! I love when my students are awed by the fact that my belly is moving as she changes position. I love talking and singing to her in the car (it does seem to be mostly in the car that I talk to her. I tell her about all the things we did that day, and describe to her what the weather or the sky looks like. I'm weird!). I love that she changes position in my belly when Daddy talks to her; she actually moves to be closer to his voice. She melts my heart when she gets the hiccups. Daddy discovered this week that he can hear her little heart beat when he presses his ear to my belly. He doesn't even need our fetal monitor thingy. WOW!


And, she is such a good baby! I don't have much discomfort. Granted, it is pretty difficult to change position or heft myself out of a sitting position. I do get very tired by the end of the day. But really... I'm growing a person! What can I expect?! None of that is her fault. She seems to work with me in any way she can. I suppose that is overestimating what Baby can do, but I truly feel like we have a wonderful, mutual connection. I can't wait to find out which of the little personality traits I associate with her now actually reveal themselves once she is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com