Thursday, January 14, 2010

So this is love


Reason 629 that I love my husband:


He makes me lunch at midnight.

Okay, that didn't come out right. Perhaps I should explain.

Casey has taken to making both my breakfast and lunch in the mornings before I go to work. It's funny how these roles have reversed, because this was something I used to do for him - once upon a pre-pregnancy time.

We had trouble deciding on something I could actually eat for lunch. Usually I just take left overs, but what to do when there aren't any? I can't eat lunch meat, and I'm not supposed to eat those frozen dinners because of all the bad processed stuff and all the salt. Finally, Casey suggested making me a veggie wrap. Now I absolutely adore these, and I eat them almost every day. They are filled with excellent green veggies and yummy nutrients that are perfect for Baby.

The recipe looks like this:

1 whole wheat tortilla
spread of hummus
1/2 avocado
lettuce
tomato
sprouts
pepper jack cheese

Yesterday, Casey had an extremely long day. He left the house at about 8 in the morning and didn't get back until after midnight. When he finally got home, I was - predictably - asleep. He came to bed, kissed me to say hello and went back downstairs because he "still had some work to do." I'm glad he didn't tell me what he was doing, because it would have made me feel too guilty!

He was packing my lunch for the next day. Because he is the most awesome husband in the whole world. Today I got to take a yummy lunch, complete with snacks, all because my husband decided that it was more important to make my lunch than to go to bed after his long day.

If I ever had any worries about what kind of father he will be (which I absolutely didn't!), I'd say I no longer have to worry. He's just awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com