Sunday, January 10, 2010

Make way for baby!

Today was a bittersweet day. Okay, it was mostly sweet, especially by the end!

When we first moved into our house, of course we had the discussion about which rooms would serve which purposes. I really wanted to use one of our spare bedrooms as an office, but I wasn't thrilled about any of the office furniture we could find. So one day I proposed something kind of crazy to Casey.

"What would you say if I wanted to build a desk?"

Casey thought for a moment, and I could see the wheels in his head turning. He nodded and agreed, "we could do that."

Before long, I was explaining this random thought in my head, and he was making sketches and design plans. In a few short days, I had a beautiful, custom desk, designed by the two of us, built by Casey and painted by me. It was such an awesome experience to know that, no matter what craziness I had in my head, Casey would - not only not think I was nuts - trust me and help me to make something truly unique.

Okay, so it was a little messy when we took this photo. We were right in the middle of cleaning it out...




Today it was time to remove that beautiful custom desk so that we can move forward with our nursery. Three years ago, almost to the day, Casey installed it for me, and today, he did this:

I was so sad to see it go!

Hard at work in a very dusty room.

Our awesome desk, cut up in pieces and ready for the trash. :(

Yes, it was very difficult and sad to see that desk have to go away. But I am so excited, and I have so many ideas for the room! It will certainly need some work, but it's well on its way. We even ordered our crib this weekend!

We'll be ready when you are, Baby Girl!

Our clean slate...

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com