Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 31

Week 31


I had a doctors appointment (it seems like these are becoming the bane of my existence!) last Friday, and somehow I managed to lose almost a pound over the course of about three weeks. I'm not really sure how that happened... I think I must have just gained more than I was supposed to over the holidays, so it was kind of leveling out!


The other news from that trip was disppointing: our doctor is leaving the practice and moving to Denver! I was bummed to learn that news, which makes life a little more difficult as we try to find a new delivery doc. At the end of the day, though, I don't think it matters... with any luck, we don't expect to see the doctor except to basically catch the baby, so I'm not too worried about it.


I don't think I have talked about our birthing classes, but about 7 weeks ago, Casey and I began taking a Bradley class. I am adamant about wanting to have our first the natural way, and I think the Bradley method is a great way to prepare for that. As it turns out, I have actually really enjoyed the classes! They give us tons of information, but also awesome things for Casey and I to think over in preparation for her arrival. I like Dr. Bradley's philosophy, too; that childbirth, just like getting into this situation to begin with and the rest of our baby's life, is a team sport. There is a great deal of emphasis placed on the role of the husband during childbirth, which I very much appreciate! It is so neat, too, because Casey absolutely loves the class. He does such a good job, and it is an exciting bonding experience for the two of us to have him be as involved as he is.


All that being said, my only fear about changing physicians is that the new doc won't be entirely on board with our birth plan. We've chosen Boulder - the capital of hippie-liberal-tree-hugging philosophy, so I think a little thing like a natural birth should be okay... but it is somewhat nerve-wracking to be this close to our due date without knowing anything about our doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com