Thursday, October 28, 2010

Today

Today, I saw one. 

I've worried about it ever since this sign went up. 




But, I've run the path in the open space literally hundreds of times in the four years we've lived here, but I've never, ever seen one.

Today, I saw a coyote.  From a great distance, thankfully.  The timing of our afternoon walk was just perfect.  If I hadn't stopped to watch Oprah, Leah and I would have run right into it. 

After watching it walk by and go the exact opposite direction of where I wanted to be, I plucked up all my courage, sang songs from The Sound of Music as loud as I could (it must have been in my head since the cast was on Oprah today) - just in case there were any more around - and Leah and I went on our afternoon walk, regardless of the coyotes.

Leah wasn't perturbed by the possible presence of coyotes, or perhaps she just thought my singing was funny.

I'm a little proud of myself - I've come a long way in the past 6 months.  I'm a LOT braver than I was in April! 

...That being said, I don't know that I'll venture into the open space by myself much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com