Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday Checklist

Item Numero Uno on our holiday checklist:


I'm fairly sure I've been waiting for this day since I found out I was pregnant last July.  Yep.  (That's normal, right?)

It was better than I could have imagined. 

Leah was an absolute trooper, particularly since she decided it would be a much better idea to play in her crib than nap - which meant that she was awake for about 6 hours in a row this afternoon.

We had a lovely dinner at Maggiano's, and then we were able to enjoy a wonderful parade.  I loved snuggling that baby close as the marching bands and floats went by!  Leah watched in awe, with that bright, delighted look in her eyes. 

She flirted with everyone standing around us and admired the glow-wear nearby children were sporting.  Although, the highlight of the night was mommy in a hat.  That trumped everything else we saw... go figure. 

Even though she was clearly exhausted, our little angel made it through the entire parade snuggled up in the Moby inside my coat, with her little pink snowsuit and the brown and pink hat Grandma made her.

Then, once the parade was over, she fell asleep against my chest.  It was perfect timing - Daddy and I were able to stop for some hot cocoa on the walk back to the car.


It was a perfect day. The kind of day that still drops me with sheer awe that this is my life. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com