Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh, the places we'll go

Let's face it, Mondays have a bad rep. 

Maybe it's because it takes us two days to decompress after a work week - just long enough to get a few loads of laundry done, a toilet cleaned and a floor or two vacuumed before we roll over and the alarm is blaring away, informing us that Monday has come yet again.

But seriously, you guys - this Monday?  It's the first Monday of Christmas break (that's right, I said it.  For me, it will always be Christmas break, heavy on the Christ).

Which means that this Monday brings infinite possiblities.

Should we go to the mall to start finish the Christmas shopping? 

Should we go to the (indoor) swimming pool to play in the water?

Should we go to the library for story hour, and to check out the book Mommy has been dying to read?

Should we lay on the couch and watch The Wiggles?

Even though I probably won't do all of these things, this Monday means that I could - and that makes all the difference. 

More than anything else, I'm just looking forward to waking up in the morning, making coffee, giving Leah her breakfast and watching that big girl of ours play on the floor.  That's one of my most favorite things in the whole world to do. 

And I get to... even though it's Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com