Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fish: Short people approved.

There are a few foods I'm pretty passionate about.  Watermelon is one.  Anything involving bread and cheese is another (I mean really, how can you go wrong with bread and cheese?!)

Fish is another.  I am a fish-o-phile.  I love it every which way from Sunday, and there are very few types of fish I don't care for.  I know that everyone doesn't fall into this category, but I can't get enough.

My favorite way to find Nemo.  That's right - I went there.

Luckily for me, fish is good for you besides being totally delish.  And I happen to have the world's best and most nutritious recipe.  One that everyone in the family enjoys, including the 3.5 and one year olds.  You can thank me later.

What you'll need:
1 pound salmon fillet
1 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP honey
2 TBSP minced garlic
3 TBSP soy sauce
2 cups spinach
1 cup quinoa (keen-wah), available at a natural grocer like Sprouts
1 1/2 cup water

1. Coat the bottom of a square glass baking dish with oil.  Lay the salmon in the pan. 
2. In small bowl, mix honey, garlic, and soy sauce.  Coat salmon in mixture.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, boil 1 1/2 cup water for 1 cup quinoa (or 1.5:1 ratio water:quinoa).  Let it cook 12 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave covered for an additional 5 minutes.  Do not lift the lid until cooking time has elapsed.  Fluff with fork.
4.  Steam 2 cups of spinach (I usually do this in the same pan with the quinoa, after my quinoa has cooked because I'm lazy and hate doing dishes)

Plate and enjoy!



This is probably my favorite new recipe; maybe my favorite recipe period.  It's just a bonus that Logan pounds his little fists on his high chair table and cries if you can't get it to him fast enough everyone else enjoys it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com