Monday, May 9, 2011

Things I'd never admit to in public

I like to fancy myself a pretty open person. I don't keep many secrets (come to think of it, do I keep any secrets?). I can't hide anything, because if it crosses my mind, you're probably going to see it on my face. That being said, there are a few moments I'd prefer to keep to myself.

So naturally, I'm going to share them with you.

1. I cannot even begin to remember how old I was, but for a while I was totally hooked on Star Wars fiction. Not fan fiction... I was pretty little and didn't even know that existed. But fictional stories that expanded on the original Star Wars films. Yep.

2. Until college, I thought the word sandwich was spelled with a /t/. Sandwitch. And yes, I was already an English major at that point. Yep.

3. I once convinced my sister that I had seen Bigfoot. As in sasquatch. Using walkie-talkies, I pretended to be out in the woods behind our dad's house in Conifer and wove this whole fantastic story about seeing him (it?). Really, I was sitting on the back deck the whole time. She believed that story and told people about it until she was like 12. Yep.

4. I read Jurassic Park when I was in 4th grade. No - that's just the set up to the story. The rest of it involves the fact that I read the sequel, The Lost World, when I was in 6th grade. And then I wrote Michael Crichton to tell him about how much I hated the casting of the movie Jurassic Park. And also to ask if I could audition for the movie version of The Lost World. Yep.
5. I dreamt about snakes for the first 8 weeks after Leah was born. I have absolutely no idea why. I am terrified of snakes, and I dreamt about them regularly during those first 8 weeks. Yep.

6. I cried so hard during the first 15 minutes of Up that I couldn't watch the rest of it. I was too upset. And don't even talk to me about Toy Story 3, it's just too painful. Yep.

7. My deepest ambition is to be a stay-at-home mom. I love my job, but I love the idea of professional, intentional motherhood more. I think it's womanhood at its very finest. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com