Saturday, March 10, 2012

To My Baby Girl

My darling 2 year old big girl,

I can't begin to express my joy over this second year of your life.  Although you stole my heart even before I laid eyes on you, I think it's possible that this second year was even more amazing than your first.

Your first steps.  Your first words.  Your growing vocabulary.  The sunshine of your laugh.  Your sweet generosity and helpful spirit.  Your stubborn independence.

Everything in my life is sweeter because of you.  It is impossible to believe that we've now known one another for two whole years; these days are beautiful and devastating because I know you will be small only fleetingly.  Someday much too soon, you will fly away on wings of promise to your own dreams, never fully understanding that you are the epitome of mine.

You are precious in every way.  The joy in my heart, the anchor in my soul, the love of my life. 

Don't forget to listen to God's voice in everything you do and everywhere you go.  He always answers prayers.  I know: He brought me you.

Happy birthday.  I love you to the moon and back,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com