Saturday, March 17, 2012

16 weeks and a surprise


We met with a new doctor yesterday for our 16 week appointment. 

The doc who delivered Leah left a little over a year ago, and the one I met with intially isn't my favorite.  He's awfully negative and literal when it comes to statistics and odds, and had me about convinced that I don't want to try for a VBAC (which I definitely, definitely do). 

The new doc is awesome.  I feel much more comfortable with her.  In addition to the fact that she is a woman who has actually been through the process of labor and delivery herself - a giant plus, in my book - she is also very open to and supportive of the idea of trying to let nature take its course before we jump in with medical intervention.  She's a keeper.

We also got an ultrasound that I hadn't anticipated, and a little something else...


This is the oh-so-immodest and highly intrusive between-the-legs-shot, which I'm sure Baby will thank me for displaying on the internet later in life.

See those three little dots right there?  Yep.  You know what that means.

It's a BOY!

And when I finished picking my jaw up off the ground, I began to get really excited.

I was convinced we were having another girl - despite the, you know, 50/50 odds it might not end up that way.  So far I'm 0 for 2 in the gender guessing game. 

There is still a slight chance this may not be accurate, given the fact that it's still early and the ultrasound machine at the doc isn't particularly advanced.  But those three little dots are clear even to me, and our doctor gave it 99%.  All in all, I'm pretty confident that we'd better add a little more blue to our baby wardrobe.

Oh boy, it's a boy!  A whole new kind of adventure is just beginning, but we can't wait to meet you!

4 comments:

  1. Melissa, Casey & Leah - I'm so happy for you guys!!!!! I might have shead a few years :-) Little boys are SO wonderful....I'm sure they are totally different from little girls! You will get to experience the best of both worlds, I'm only hoping that Erik and I get a girl the 3rd time around. Congrats on deciding to do a VBAC, fingers crossed the little man turns and everything goes perfect! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats congrats! How exciting, can't wait to see what your little guy will look like! :) Up until you revealed you were having a boy, I totally thought you were going to say you were having twins or something! haha So glad things are going well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I look and feel like I'm having twins, but unless somebody's a REALLY good hider, there's only one in there... :)

      Delete
  3. Wow wow wow! How exciting! I'm glad you are excited about having a little man I your world.

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com