Monday, July 5, 2010

A very soggy 4th

Happy Birthday, America!
As much as I had high hopes for our first 4th of July as a family of three, I have to say, this was the worst.4th.ever.
Okay, so to have some perspective, it's not like it was truly awful in the scheme of things. It's only my vision of a perfect family 4th that suffered...

Let's just suffice it to say that, when I got home at almost 11pm - without Casey, who was still working - I was soaking wet, hadn't eaten a bite of the festive food I'd prepared, and none of us had seen any fireworks.

The day itself was lovely, so I'll share some photos of that instead.


Leah celebrating with Daddy

This little girl sooooo wants to crawl! If only she could lift up her body AND her huge head!

Casey grilling in the rain. Happy 4th in Colorado!

Our lovely, Patriotic feast!

The best part of the day: Celebrating together as a family! Even though the rest of it didn't go as I'd envisioned, at least the three of us got to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com