Monday, July 5, 2010

Yummy!

Since our 4th was kind of a bust, I thought I'd share one of my favorite parts of any holiday:
FOOD!

So without further ado, please enjoy...



Melissa's Red White and Blue Crumble Cake

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tspn vanilla
1 egg
1/2-1 cup raspberries (may sub strawberry pieces for cost)
1/2-1 cup blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease bottom of 8in square baking pan. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
3. In small bowl, combine egg, vanilla, oil and milk.
4. Slowly, whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Gently fold in berries.
6. Bake for 25-30 min, add crumble topping. Bake additional 10-15 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

BEST crumble topping EVER (I wish I could take credit for this, but I think I found it in Better Homes and Garden magazine)
2/3 cup (about 5 squares) Graham Crackers
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tspn cinnamon
1/3 cup butter


Enjoy!

What are your favorite 4th of July traditions/recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com