Thursday, July 29, 2010

We're Back!

I survived...


I survived three weeks completely on my own with Leah! It inspired me to have an entirely new level of respect for single parents, and husbands and wives of military men and women who are deployed. I honestly don't know how these people do it alone. It is an incredible task!


After three weeks on our own, I decided that enough was enough and hoofed it down to my mom's house in Littleton for a very blessed and wonderful week. We walked through downtown Littleton and window shopped (and enjoyed a DELICIOUS gyro, which I have been dreaming about ever since!), we went to the Hudson gardens, we walked around Clement Park lake... it was heaven. And SO nice to have another adult around to talk to and interact with and to help me with all the little things that make parenting a 4 month old all by myself so difficult. I love my mom!


With Casey leaving for home in the morning (incidentally, taking exactly the same route we drove home from California...), I am getting extremely excited to FINALLY have him home.


All totaled, he will have been home 4 days out of the last 37, two of which he worked (but at least he was in-state).


WE ALL SURVIVED!

I can't wait to show him the incredible changes in his daughter. She is like a whole new little lady! She suddenly has an amazing interest in her toys, and everything is finding its way into her mouth. Not just to suck, but to gum like it's going out of style. Her little hands now reach out for me when she wants me. She puts her hands on either side of my face and pulls me in for kisses (read: big, slobbery open mouth. I LOVE IT!). She has been through sleep training and is doing beautifully. She is learning to soothe herself and take longer naps (HOORAY!). She tried her first water (and made her first "why would you do that to me?! You have GOT to be kidding!" face).


It's a whole different game than when he left. I am soooooo sorry he has missed this much, but we are so grateful to be welcoming him home.

Here are a few pics from our week in my home town:
This can of coke was the hit of the week. She was much more interested in playing with this than any of her toys! (Please note: it is closed, and I did NOT feed this to Leah!)




Why do I often find that I match my daughter?? Who cares, when we're that cute!




I think she enjoyed having an audience.



Leah loved having coffee on the patio! Her mommy did, too.




This is sooooo the only way to travel.

Peek-a-boo!



Who's excited to see Daddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com