Sunday, August 1, 2010

Paparazzi

When we found out we were pregnant, one of my dearest desires was to be able to capture and preserve all the precious memories I knew we were in store for.

Now, if you know me, you know that I am not the most technologically savvy. In fact, most 80 year old grandmothers can out-do me when it comes to knowledge and application of technology.

Nonetheless, I desperately wanted a digital SLR camera. My silly hope was that I might be able to take a photography class some summer while I'm not working.

Then we started to actually research purchasing one.
And quickly discovered that, boy-howdy, are nice cameras ever expensive! By the time it was over, Casey and I decided that our little point-and-click would have to suffice, because we simply weren't going to be able to afford something that nice and extravagant.

Well....

....Ta-Da!!!

And the best part? It was FREE!!!!

Okay, so free is a slight exaggeration. But we paid almost nothing out of pocket, thanks to the magic of credit card points.

Once upon a time, we began accruing credit card points in the hopes of purchasing flights for our honeymoon. Seeing as that day never came, we decided to apply the points to something that would actually mean something special to our family for years to come.


The best part is that this is a purchase we simply never would have gotten around to saving for and making otherwise. I am SO grateful for this beautiful camera!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is actually learn how to use it {gulp}.

Watch out, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com