Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Things I miss


It's not that I don't enjoy my job, nor that I want to complain about something that's in all reality soooo good, and such a blessing to me personally and my family.

But, being home on a random Monday does make me appreciate what I miss at home while I'm at work.  It could be a long list, because I so enjoy being home... but a sample would be these things:

- Watching The Wiggles -

- My snuggley, pajama-clad baby -

- Her beautiful, sleepy grin when she wakes up in the morning -

- Watching her play on her belly while I make coffee -

- Getting to hear the wide array of noises she makes, which are increasing by the day -

- Changing table fun -

- Watching her learn new things practically by the minute -

- Going for walks with Leah in the stroller or Moby -

- Baby hugs and kisses -

I get a great many things in trade.  I get security for my family and a future that allows us to focus on our priorities.  And, I do love my coworkers, my students, my school and my job.  I'd be lying if I said it wasn't in some ways easier - and even more (or at least different) fun in certain ways - than staying home.   

But leaving all this behind... there's the rub!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com