Thursday, September 2, 2010

Spoils

Our sweet little girl is just one week shy of her six month birthday.  Nearly half a year has elapsed, which means...


It's time to go shopping!

Leah's life is about to get a little more flavor.  Today, we bought carrots, apples, pears, broccoli and a butternut squash, because this weekend is Mommy's first baby food-making fest. 

We decided a long time ago that we wanted to make Leah's food.  I can't express how good I feel about this decision; it just seems like such an easy way to help give our baby the best possible start in life.  I get an immense amount of satisfaction from knowing that her food is all natural, without additives or preservatives, but organic fruits and vegetables.  Hooray!

This weekend is all about cooking.  I'm thinking we'll try carrots first.  Everything else will get frozen and we'll add it in piece by piece.  I love to cook, but I have to admit, I haven't been this excited to get in the kitchen in a while! 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com