Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Return of Tummy Time

When Leah was first born, my absolute favorite thing to do was to lay on my back, tummy to tummy with the baby.  Casey and I fondly came to refer to this as "tummy time." 



It was The Best

Casey and I practically fought over who would get tummy time on a daily basis.  Okay, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but not by much. 

Sadly, Leah's love of tummy time was short-lived.  I don't remember exactly when it stopped, but eventually she wanted more independence.  She still loved to snuggle, but she was not content to fall asleep on our chests anymore. 

UNTIL NOW!

Over the last week, when I bring her to bed with me at 4 am (yes, that's when she has been waking up - gag) for her morning feeding, I've been trying to get her to go back to sleep so that her whole schedule won't be ruined.  One day, I put her on my chest, tummy to tummy with me, and the sweet little pumpkin fell right to sleep.  It was absolute heaven. 

I've been taking full advantage of it.  Every morning after nursing; in the afternoons on the occassions that she needs a nap; in the evenings while I'm rocking her.  I adore tummy time. 

In the midst of a busy day, in the midst of the stress of the rest of life, it is a little slice of perfect peace for just Leah and me. 

Today, I am thankful for the return of tummy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com