Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you, Veterans

Don't be misled. 

It's not that I don't appreciate the heroic actions of those who sacrafice for our country.  I am grateful to live in America!

But I was also grateful that I had the opportunity to stay home with Leah today because our babysitter is a veteran, so she closes her doors on this particular holiday.  With Casey out of town, we had no one to watch the baby on this chilly Thursday, so I took the day off to stay home with her. 

It was a lovely day! 

It snowed this morning, so the baby got to wear her Snowman jammies for the first time.  We had a yummy breakfast of pears, and I appreciated just how big she is getting when I took this picture:

 It wasn't all that long ago when her little legs stuck out like stumps, rather than actually hanging over the edge of her high chair!


Leah hung out with me in the kitchen while I emptied the dishwasher, did dishes and made her apples.  We also tried on a beautiful crochet hat from grandma!  Fits like a charm!  We definitely DID NOT dance in the kitchen to Christmas music (in case you're reading this, Daddy!  I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, so we certainly wouldn't break our deal by turning the holiday music on early!).


We got bundled up and ran a few errands. 



We crawled around on the floor, played with toys, especially this purple croc; we watched The Wiggles; we took a nap (okay, Leah took a nap.  Mommy wrote a quiz).  It was wonderful to be home with her and get to take part in all the fun things she does!  She is growing up so quickly, it is just amazing!  I treasure any opportunity to be home to watch. 

Grateful for the snow.
Grateful for the snoman pajamas.
Grateful for the pears.
Grateful for the purple croc.
Grateful for the hat grandma worked hard on.
Grateful for dancing in the kitchen while Leah amuses herself in the high chair.
Grateful for the men and women willing to defend our country rather than dancing with their babies.

1 comment:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com