Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rivalry

When the turkey had been served, and all the pie consumed, I stood, perhaps a little uncomfortably after all the food, staring out the window after our first Thanksgiving in our new house.

It was 2007, and I couldn't help but feel any more grateful.

Then, something blowing in the breeze on our deck caught my eye.  It was large and mis-shapen, and I couldn't identify it.

It was a corn hat. 

Perched atop a Nebraska flag. 

On our deck. 

At midnight. 

And I knew that the culprits had to be our Husker-loving neighbors two houses over, since the rivalry game between CU and Nebraska is always the day after Thanksgiving. 

This year, while we were still playing Apples to Apples in the basement with our guests on Thanksgiving night, our neighbors were doing this:




Oh, and there was more. 

Nebraska golf club covers on the car antennas.  Big Red shirts on the windows.  Casey took it down before I could snap pictures of it. 

Needless to say, we figured that a little retaliation was in order...






It was the last CU/Nebraska rivalry game, perhaps ever, since the Buffs are going to the PAC 12 and the Huskers are going to the Big 10.  I feel good that we gave the game a good send-off. 

Besides, conference rivals or no, the Husker fans still live two houses over...

{Now if I'd only written this post yesterday so the question of whether or not we would win was still up in the air.  We didn't.}

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com