Sunday, March 13, 2011

He knows me better than I know myself

A conversation before Leah's birthday:

Casey: "Come on.  Admit it.  You've been planning this party longer than she's been alive."

Me: "I have not!  I couldn't even think about having a newborn, let alone a 1 year old.  I've only been planning for like... 6 months!"

Casey: "Sure you have."

I really felt adamantly about the fact that I'm not totally crazy, and I don't get totally ahead of myself for big events.  I know I always start things too early, but I honestly couldn't comprehend having a one year old before she was born. 

I felt that way until we brought out the candles for her birthday cake...


...when it hit me: Casey was absolutely right. 


When we had our gender party, these sweet little ducky candles were on the cake, and I made a mental note: I wanted to use them on her first birthday cake.

As I began to make the very first preparations for her party, I remembered those candles.  I knew that I didn't want a rubber ducky theme, but I still wanted to work them in and have them make sense.  Six months ago, I started dreaming up the yellow and white theme.  Everything else kind of snowballed from there.

So, as it turns out, Leah's entire party was born out of candles that I've had for like 18 months. 

I guess that husband of mine knows me pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com