Sunday, March 20, 2011

How much Harry Potter can a person watch in one weekend?

In Leah's first year of life, I've been sick three times.

Time 1: Leah, Casey and I got sick, and I had to suck it up and baby them both.

Time 2: I had the flu, my hubby was gone, and I had to call my mom because I couldn't drag my butt outta bed for baby wrangling.

Time 3: Also known as a continuation of said flu.  First it was flu, then it was a sinus infection, and now it's... I don't even know.  Something icky in my lungs.  Something I'm absolutely terrified my sweet little one will get. 

So this time, I've let my husband do all the heavy lifting.  In other words, it's the first full two days he's ever spent with Leah without intervention in her whole little life.  They're getting along quite swimmingly, if I do say so!  It has been really good for the two of them to have some uninterrupted bonding time.  It's something I know that they've been missing. 

I, meanwhile, have been hiding staying in my room, keeping the germs far, far away from any prying one-year-olds who might contract them. 

I'd love to tell you that I've passed the time reading something delightful and elevating.  That's what I wish I had been doing.  Sadly, there is not a single book in this house I haven't read at least 3 times. 

Instead, I've been contenting myself with Harry Potter.  A LOT of Harry Potter, since it's been on TV literally all.weekend.long.  Worse?  Somehow I'm not sick of it yet. 

I'm not really sure what that says about me...

1 comment:

  1. Haha! We too have been watching Harry Potter ALL weekend. On DVD no less and we can't even blame it on being sick. Those movies are so fun to watch. I look forward to the day Charlie enjoys Harry Potter as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com