Sunday, March 13, 2011

P is for Presents

I don't know what it is about baby birthdays, but all the mommies I know always write about how their little sweethearts didn't nap well on party day. 

That was definitely true for Leah.  Even though I did my best to plan her party around her nap schedule, she decided to take a 30 minute (if that!) nap, throwing off my entire schedule.  Suffice it to say, by the time party rolled around, she was exhausted. 

We were lucky that she kept it together most of the party.  Although she was definitely very clingy and wanted me, she also had a LOT of good interaction with other attendees:
Like Auntie Jessica


And Miss Ella Grace, now 7 months old.  It'll be her turn to party before too long!


And of course, Grandma.  I mean, when someone makes you a banner, they deserve a little love! 


I had a great time opening presents!  On a first birthday, presents are almost more for the parents anyway!
Really.  Who looks happier about presents?

Leah enjoyed it too.  Although I think the wrapping paper was her favorite part. 
Notice what's in her hand?
Playing with my new... gift bag!!!
A few of the toys captured her attention.
But mostly that girl was all about the paper.

 Casey and I just tried to enjoy the moment, and really soak it all in.  It is so wonderful to be in a room full of people who love your child.  There is honestly nothing better.  And we are fortunate to have some truly amazing people in our lives. 

And, after all that work, guess what I completely forgot in the heat of the moment???
Yep.  Sadly, no one ever got to witness the awesomeness of Leah's first birthday hat.  Oh well... I got it on her eventually, even if most of the guests had left by this point. 

As an added bonus, Leah slept until 8:00 this morning (which was actually 9 after daylight savings time).  I was stunned - that girl is usually up at 6 like clockwork; I finally had to go in and check on her.  All in all, I'd say she had a pretty good time!


No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com