Friday, March 4, 2011

Top Ten Countdown: #7

#7
Trip to the Zoo

Oh, this day!  It really says something about how many incredible memories we have accumulated over the past year that this memory is number 7.  This day was SO.MUCH.FUN!

Leah was absolutely hillarious in the morning.  Smiley and laughing at everything; playful and funny. 

The pictures we got in the parking lot are still some of my most favorite.




I remember the weather from this day.  Yikes.  It was hot.  Like sticky, sweaty, stay in the shade hot.  I was so worried that Leah was going to overheat, even though she was dressed in practically nothing.  Mostly, she slept through much of the trip (who could blame her?  I know it must have been a little overwhelming), and I just fretted over keeping her in the shade.  I kept checking her little head, and what (very) little hair she had was wet with sweat. 

She was such a sweet, content little girl.  She never melted down, and was very compliant with us as we tried to show her animals she probably had no hope whatsoever of seeing.  And, of course, when things got to be too much for her, she just took a little nap. 


One of my ALL TIME favorite pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com